Sunday, September 21, 2014

Mother Goose

When first looking over the resources on this study I found it interesting that I never noticed that Mother Goose was portrayed partaking in human activities. I always just thought of it as normal that she was wearing a bonnet and cooking!
ECLIPSE Image Number 00890001
I found the research about Mother Goose rhymes being used as a political protest and criticism shocking! I hate to admit that I had no idea about these nursery rhymes being used to create unrest or mockery of government but I did not! 
One of the stories is Jack and Jill at the Toxic Dump. It amazed me that there was a story that involves Jack and Jill and they die. I also am surprised that authors use this method to convey their ideas about what is going on in the world today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment