Tuesday, December 9, 2014

A look back...

When you start a class you never know what you are going to take with you when it is over. You never know what impact the people in your class may have on you, or what impact you may have on them. You never know what impact your professor may have on you, or you on her.

This was my first graduate level class and I chose to take it at Mount Saint Mary. Most people that work at my school got their graduate degree online. I was not sure what I wanted to do when I first had to make my decision. I chose to come to Mount Saint Mary because I wanted the classroom experience. I wanted the discussions and activities that happen in an interactive classroom. So far I got all of those things at Mount Saint Mary.

One of the authors that came to visit and speak to our class was Lesa Cline Ransome. Here is her blog 

Here is a video of her speaking in our class.

This is her and her husband, who illustrates many of her books.
Another author that visited our class was KL Going.                             Here is her  blog
This is her speaking in the Villa library. 
Chuck Stead, a famous storyteller also visited. Here is a link to an article in the Hudson Valley Press Online about his visit. 

I chose to just show that authors that visited our class in my blog but there were many other aspects of the class that helped me to meet all of the objectives. These were genre presentations, author or illustrator presentation, creating a classroom text set, and many various classroom activities. 



No comments:

Post a Comment